There were two primary reasons I started blogging about RA soon after my diagnosis. The first was to tell my own story so that other people with RA could relate to the issues involved with suffering with this insidious disease. If you come here often, you know that given my science background, the the scientific/analytic side of my thinking comes out in my writing. The second reason was to advocate for people suffering with RA and to increase awareness in some small way. And for this second reason I want to draw attention to a wonderful effort called Show Us Your Hands. Read the stories, view the interactive collage (it brought me to tears which is no easy task), read the personal stories, share with friends and family, complete the survey, and financially support the awareness efforts. It’s the stories of real patients who daily suffer with the impact of RA that helps spread the truth about our experiences. Sometimes I get fearful about letting people around me see the physical or emotional impact of RA. But we can’t be afraid to show the truth. Show Us Your Hands gives us the strength and medium to help accomplish this goal!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
TagsAbatacept achilles tendon Actemra Adalimumab American College of Rheumatology ankles antibody Arava arthritis autoimmune Autoimmune disease Azathioprine biologicals bone erosion Bristol-Myers Squibb chronic Cimzia clinical trial cytokine diagnosis diet disability Disease-modifying antirheumatic drug elbow enbrel energy ESR exercise family fatigue FDA fingers Food and Drug Administration God headache Health hope humira immune system infection inflammation infusion injection insurance joint knee methotrexate migraine mri NSAID Orencia pain Pharmaceutical industry prednisone RA remicade research rheumatoid arthritis rheumatologist Rheumatology Rituxan Rituximab Seattle side effects snow skiing steroid injection stiffness sulphasalazine surgery swelling TNF blocker TNF inhibitor Tocilizumab treatment Xeljanz
RA Blogs I Follow
- Life According to Kenz
- All Grown Up with JRA
- RA Supergirl
- The Old Lady in my Bones
- Spring Sight
- Hurt Blogger
- At the Water's Edge
- My Battle with RA
- My Rheumatoid Arthritis Diary
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Warrior
- Feelin' Swell: My Life with RA
- Living Life As I See Fit
- My RAD Life
- The Seated View
- The Life and Adventures of Cateepoo
- RA Adventure Rider
- Brass and Ivory: Life with MS and RA
- ∞ itis
- Pollyanna Penguin's RA Blog
- My Rheumatoid Arthritis Journey
- From This Point. Forward.
- An Attitude of Gratitude
- ABC's of RA
- A Figment Of Fitness
- Day By Day with RA
- Carla's Corner
- Inflamed: Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- All Flared Up: An Arthritis Blog
- Andrew on Chemicals Used in the Fight Against Rheumatoid Arthritis
- jeccles61 on Chemicals Used in the Fight Against Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Andrew on Humira Headaches – Relief at Last!
- Andrew on Raving about Arava?
- Andrew on Healthline’s Best RA Blogs of 2016
- Deidree Lohr Realtor on Humira Headaches – Relief at Last!
- Scott on Raving about Arava?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis on Healthline’s Best RA Blogs of 2016
- refreshedart on I Didn’t Fail – RA Drugs Failed Me
- Andrew on Transitions