- I dream of a day when all rheumatologists treat-2-target and more patients achieve or get closer to clinical remission.
- I dream that autoimmune diseases including rheumatoid disease receive as much or more research funds than other more popular diseases including cancer and heart disease (long ways to go there).
- I dream of a time when I never have to hear dumb comments like, “Oh, I have RA in my little finger” or “You’re too old to have RA.”
- I dream of a time when rheumatoid disease, which impacts millions of Americans, receives a most favored status in terms of awareness and funding.
- I dream of more effective treatments and ultimately a cure for this insidious disease. While biologicals have helped many, too many continue to suffer.
- I dream of a time when all primary care doctors know when they observe symptoms of rheumatoid disease and quickly refer patients to rheumatologists.
- I dream that all rheumatologists will treat rheumatoid disease aggressively and monitor carefully.
- I dream that all rheumatology researchers will take the patient perspective into account when designing, carrying out, and reporting research.
- I dream that genetics can be used to play a role in personalizing treatment options.
You can read other blogger’s post about Rheumatoid Awareness Day at http://rawarrior.com/what-would-rheumatoid-awareness-mean-to-you/
Check out the Rheumatoid Awareness Day Facebook Page.
Read more about the day at the Rheumatoid Patient Foundation site.
Get involved and spread awareness about Rheumatoid Disease!