As the New Year comes upon us, it’s time to reflect on the previous year and consider the upcoming year. Here is a summary of topics from this blog – both general and personal.
- I’ve been through a wide variety of medications and am currently on my 7th biological, Rituxan infusions, and just added CellCept as a new DMARD.
- I stopped taking methotrexate injections due to problems with migraines.
- My rheumatologist sent me to the emergency department when I couldn’t move my head and was in unbearable pain. This was a first since being diagnosed with RA.
- This blog was once again named a top RA blog by Healthline.
- RA patients should get involved with various non-profit organizations and advocacy.
- I continue to write and moderate for http://rheumatoidarthritis.net/.
- Debate about how to measure RA treatments and outcomes continues.
- While the ice bucket challenge for ALS was viewed positively, angst about the lack of such publicity for RA was noted.
- Cervical surgery was conducted in May and the recovery took sometime. Three vertebrae were fused.
- Hip issues continue. Physical therapy was prescribed but put off due to attention given to other issues.
- A torn tendon in the right elbow continues to cause problems. Various treatments, including a recent platelet-rich plasma injection, haven’t worked. Surgery will likely be scheduled soon after the new year.
- Research into RA continues and various proteins and immune system components are being targeted.
Thanks to all those who took time to read and comment on this blog. I wish everyone a wonderful and healthy 2015!